Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Next on the To Do list

Hello,
We are making our changes to the lease language. Small things like taking out paragraphs that require me to join a marketing association. Asking that the handicapped spots not be RIGHT in front of the only door we use to load supplies in and out from.

Yesterday my chef friend Joe came to the kitchen. He was horrified at the awful condition it's in. (It is a mess & dirty) He offered some design changes. John the auctioneer showed up to claim all the unwanted fixtures. And Dan Levy (contractor) showed up with Jack (VP) to look things over again.

Dan suggested saving money by not using tile on the floor but to grind the concrete fill the holes and epoxy the whole thing. Joe agreed. Great news for me as quarry tile is expensive.

Other great news is my 16' hood won't need a 2nd vent. They can pipe to the existing exhaust eliminating the need to cut the ceiling/roof for a 2nd exhaust. ALSO my convection oven fits under the hood. No need for a 2nd hood.

Bad news is there's no room for a 2nd convection oven (to be added at a later date)

Good news is there is room for the tilt skillet I want.

I was on the computer today with Sam the designer. We played with the interactive CAD program. He's urging me to put this design to bed so we can get it to the city...There's that 30 day wait before they even come back with corrections...delay delay.

So Sam and I have it pretty much nailed down. Tomorrow morning, I'll visit the auction house and get dimensions and model numbers on the equipment I'll need and we'll finalize the preliminary plans... yea!!! Next step... the construction bid...(holding my breath)

I'd like to figure out a way to post the plans here so you can see the kitchen's layout. I'll work on that & we'll talk again soon,

Julie

P.S. As if I don't have enough on my plate, I spoke today with a caterer who's looking to sell her business...heck... what's another chunk of change in my debt pile.
It's all good and all exciting!!!
stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment