Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No News

Is no news really good news? It sure doesn't feel like it.

I don't think it's any sort of power play. This property is probably paid off and these guys just don't care that much.

My issue is time. I need to be in a new place by the end of December.
So once we get a letter of intent, then we can start getting solid bids. I'm already part way through the design process.
Then the contractors put their bill onto executing the plans.
We finalize the plans pay $890.00 so the health department can sit on them for a month
Then pay more fees for each set of changes the health dept requires. Keep in mind our city is broke and changes are just money in their pockets.
Then we go to the fire marshal and get his buy in did I mention more fees?
That puts us at Mid November and leaves 6 weeks to complete the build out.
We get to wait another 2 weeks for the health dept to come out and find fault or give us an A.

It's gonna be tight AND I have the utmost confidence in my contractors.

No comments:

Post a Comment