Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HOODS EXHAUST & CONVECTION OVENS

Here’s what Sam taught me about hoods:

1. More than a 12’ hood and 2 exhaust holes are needed.
2 .My convection oven needs a larger hood, as in wider so the hood can capture the heat since they are deeper than ranges & put out so much heat…
3. The used 16’4” hood I found has 2 exhaust holes but the roof currently has one which means I’d have to punch another hole in the roof for the 16 ft hood PLUS a hole for the exhaust of the hood for the convection oven.…BIG BUCKS

Sam’s got me thinking instead of a 16’ hood which requires 2 exhaust holes in the ceiling + the exhaust needed for the convection oven’s hood…making 3 holes where only 1 exists now. That I should look for a 12’ hood (1 exhaust hole) and a 5’ deep hood for the oven. That way I only punch 1 hole in the roof. Saving bucks.

So glad I have a contractor and a draftsman that have been designing/drawing restaurants for 30 plus years. They know all the rules and codes.
Wonder what I'll learn tomorrow?

Oooh, oooh , maybe we'll actually get a counter offer. Dare I dream?


1 comment:

  1. Good Post! Very informative, glad that you are going to continue writing things like this! Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete