Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CAD Drawings

Well even though the landlords are slow to action, the draftsman/kitchen architect, Sam is on top of things.
I spent a session with him today. He has an interactive program (I think it’s a CAD program) and he popped things here and there. (He’s in Oregon and I’m at home, very cool to play together on the computer)

We took all the walls out made 1 big rectangle and started there.
We moved the bathroom door made myself a nice size office with storage.

We played with combo walk-ins(cooler and freezer in 1) shapes sizes and placement.

He had the dish sink and prep sink side by side and I asked if we could move it. He created a wall and put the prep sink there, separating it from the food and dish area…only problem is I’ll have to run another plumbing line …$$$ so that’s what I’m doing now, playing with configurations, getting used to 2 dimensional plans. He showed me the elevation view as well….pretty exciting.

Oh, ….it’s really important to tell the designer ALL the equipment you intend on having in the kitchen. I slipped in at the end of this session that I have an icemaker and he about blew a gasket. I guess ya need water, drains and stuff like that with an icemaker.

FULL DISCLOSURE is important. Got it, learned that lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment