Saturday, September 26, 2009

Let The Bidding begin

The bidding starts at $1000.00, I raise my hand & immediately the price jumps to $1500…( I think that was a fake bidder). Then the auctioneer tries to get me to bid $1700. I shake my head no 3 times. This is our exchange going forward

Auctioneer: if I came into your restaurant and offered you $2000 you’d laugh me out Me: absolutely I would.
Auctioneer: It’s well worth it
Me: I know but I can’t buy it. I have storage issues.
Auctioneer: I have all kinds of issues (everyone laughs)
Me: Well there’s that
John (auction boss): How long do you need storage
Me: 2 months
Auctioneer: $1700
Me: $1500
Auctioneer: $1700
Me: nope
Auctioneer: $1600
Me: Ok
Auctioneer: Sold $1600

By that time it’s almost 2 pm. I race to pay and we’re outta there by 2:10.
My hands are totally sweating. I can’t believe I just spent $1600.00 (plus sales tax and the auctioneer’s fee)
What if the restaurant deal falls through? Where will I put this monster?

No comments:

Post a Comment