Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Moving Forward

Hello, it’s been so long since I’ve written.
Several things have happened. I took the last vacation of my life. I went to Puerto Vallarta from 5 days.
I finally got the keys and I had a small “groundbreaking” party at the kitchen.

While I was gone, the demo was completed.
Monday was the open house and Tuesday at 8:30am, I met the auctioneer at the kitchen & he took all the tables, booths and unwanted equipment. He estimates that the junk will bring about $2000.00. Now I’m not sure how much of that I’ll get. Maybe $500.

Aaah, city, county, planning, waste water, mechanical, building… you’re asking about the status of permits.
There is fairly positive news there.
I expedited the county health dept permitting which means the price doubles AND I get the preliminary plans back in 4 or 5 days rather than 21 to 28 days.

Simultaneously, plans went to waste water, mechanical and city building for their plan check assessments.

County health had 3 minor corrections, which will cost me $283.00 (finding errors or the need for corrections is their way to make money)

Waste water is fine and no charge there.

City planning… I’m not sure what they charged for the 1st submittal and all corrections are free. The gal there “found” 35 “corrections” which had she bothered to open the plans and actually LOOK at them, she would have seen the information was already there in plain sight.

Mechanical went nuts and poor Sam has tons of work from them. He has changes to plumbing, electrical all that stuff.
I should have the contractor’s proposal by Friday and all the corrected plans will be resubmitted to everyone simultaneously for final approval. If all goes well (no reason to believe it won’t), we will begin construction middle of next week.
Stay tuned for the anguished scream of terror when I receive the contractor’s proposal.
We’ll talk again soon,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment